Monday, April 21, 2008

Equestrian Connection Marathon

Results here:


http://www.racetime.info/2008Results/EC%20MARATHONO.HTM

As you can tell, I placed 4th overall. Including men. That is how I started the race, in fourth place. Not a familiar feeling to me. I had a friend to run with, thanks Steve! He was an amazingly important part of my race, I would have given up without his support. It is mostly mental afterall!

This was not a goal race, but not quite a 'training run' either. I know that I am in better shape than I have ever been, and I knew I would be able to PR. Winning the female division was just icing on the cake.

A little background, I ran a flat 50K two weeks ago, I have been doing back to back long runs on the weekends all in training for my first 100 mile race on June 7th. This is where all of the hard work will hopefully pay off.
I didn't taper for this race. Week ending April 20 (race date) included 76.2 miles.



With my posse:

















With my hardware:




2 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

WOW you Chicked a lot of those boys--LOL way to go Amanda!

Awesome race!!!

Congrats and glad u got ur blog up and running (haha) again :-)

22 for kettle would be an awesome first effort...Just Please re-read Meghan's posts, it is going to be such a long day make sure that first half you hold back!!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Hey Friend..... how is ur training going.

Blogger update Alert--LOLOL

Have a great week!!